The Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Family Law Group is proud to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations by serving their legal needs with compassion, competence, and respect when they need it most. We provide sophisticated representation in all areas of family law practice including divorce, civil unions, uncontested divorce, cohabitation, child custody, parenting time, equitable distribution and property settlements, alimony, child support, post-divorce judgment issues, modification of marital agreements, or Court orders, same-sex relationships, blended families, adoption, domestic violence, Division of Child Permanency and Protection matters, prenuptial agreements, and enforcement or modification of child support, alimony and child custody terms. Our confidential consultations are held in our offices in Hackensack and Holmdel, New Jersey.
Our knowledgeable attorneys have extensive experience in all phases of family law and matrimonial litigation, in cases ranging from straightforward to exceptionally complex matters, such as those involving complicated assets and compensation issues. In the event an appeal of a trial court decision is required, our appellate team has family-specific experience, including in appeals challenging custody, adoption, child support, and divorce awards. That said, we take pride in avoiding unnecessary conflict. We represent our family law clients in an efficient and cost-effective manner, bringing civility and respect to each case and recognizing that each client’s family and personal circumstances are unique. We are proactive in developing innovative solutions and understand the sensitive and often emotional nature of our client's concerns.
In addition to handling traditional matrimonial issues, we have significant expertise in navigating the impact of divorce upon closely owned businesses. We represent clients in the dissolution of commercial entities and buy-outs and serve as trusted advisors regarding the challenges of planning to operate a family business post-divorce. Because Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is a full-service law firm, our family law clients also have access to counsel in other related practice areas, such as trusts and estates.
In some cases, parties may prefer to resolve their issues more amicably and without litigation. For those clients, the Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Family Law Group offers N.J. Ct. R. 1:40-12 qualified Family Law Mediators to assist with the resolution of family law matters through mediation and other alternate dispute resolution processes. Our team of Family Law mediators includes:
- Tracy Julian, partner, and chair of the Family Law practice.
- Honorable Ellen L. Koblitz (Ret.), special counsel, who served as a judge for more than 27 years, including 10 years as a judge in the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court, including two years as Presiding Judge, 10 years as Presiding Judge of the Family Part and two years as Presiding Judge of the Chancery Division in Bergen County. Judge Koblitz mediates Chancery, Civil and Family Part matters and is an Arbitrator at the American Arbitration Association (Consumer Panel).
- Honorable Ronny Jo Siegal (Ret.), partner and former judge who served for more than eight years with the New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family Part.
- Matthew A. Smuro, partner and member of Family Law practice.
- Jhanice V. Domingo, partner and member of Family Law Practice. Jhanice is a court-approved mediator and handles both court-appointed and private mediation of family law matters. Jhanice also serves as an Early Settlement Panelist and Economic Mediator for various counties in north, central, and south Jersey, including but not limited to, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, and Somerset counties.
- Special Counsel
News & Insights
- 10.13.22|Virtual Event
- 9.22.21|Virtual Event
- 7.6.21|Virtual Event
- Nov 13, 2015