The Honorable Ronny Jo Siegal (Ret.) joined Pashman Stein Walder Hayden after serving for more than eight years as a judge of the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family Part, in both Bergen and Passaic counties. At the firm, Judge Siegal focuses her practice on family law matters and the resolution of disputes through mediation, typically a more amicable approach than litigation. A compassionate and attentive listener known for her legal acumen and her responsible and equitable counsel, Judge Siegal consults with clients in the firm’s Hackensack office as well as via remote and secure video conferencing.
Judge Siegal’s clients benefit from her breadth of experience drawn from her tenure on the bench, her prior litigation and family law practice, and her comprehensive knowledge of the myriad issues that arise in family dissolutions and disputes. She works with clients on prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, offering insight on complex financial and real estate matters, trusts and estates considerations, and business valuations. She also consults with clients about marital dissolutions and post-divorce judgment modifications.
Judge Siegal regularly serves as an arbitrator of a broad spectrum of family issues including child custody and parenting time, equitable distribution of finances and assets, alimony, and child support. Clients value Judge Siegal’s judicial background and her astute ability to assess their unique and personal situations with both sensitivity and sophisticated review toward a resolution outside of a courtroom.
Prior to her judicial appointment, she was a member of Hellring Lindeman Goldstein Siegal LLP, where her primary area of practice was litigation, emphasizing family law including divorce, child custody, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence, and grandparents’ rights. Judge Siegal served as an assistant district attorney in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, where she held the position of deputy bureau chief of appeals.
At Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, Judge Siegal serves on the Women’s Leadership Committee, which is dedicated to assisting women attorneys to advance their careers and achieve their goals, both inside and outside of the law firm. She leads the Committee’s Community Outreach Initiative by supporting volunteer programs to help women in underserved communities and those most at risk in New Jersey. A passionate advocate for women’s rights, Judge Siegal has been involved with many organizations throughout the years, including serving as Chair of the Women’s Rights Information Center since 2017.
Honors & Recognitions
- Women's Rights Information Center, 2021 Community Change Maker Honoree
- Myra T. Elliot Trustee Award for Board Member of the Year, Shelter Our Sisters (now known as Center for Hope and Safety)
News & Insights
- 10.27.21|Virtual Event
- 7.6.21|Virtual Event
- March 1, 2021|Event
Community & Professional
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- Chair, Women’s Rights Information Center
- Former President of The Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey
- Former Member, Supreme Court of New Jersey District Fee Arbitration Committee for Bergen and Essex Counties
- Former President, Shelter Our Sisters
- Former Councilwoman of the Borough of Alpine
- Former Chairperson of the Planning Board of the Borough of Alpine
- Former Vice-Chairperson of the Board of Adjustment of the Borough of Alpine
- Vice-Chairperson of the Legalized Gambling Policy Study Commission for the State of New Jersey
- Member of the Vision 2020 Commission to create a long-range plan for Bergen County
- Trained by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as an Arbitrator
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
B.A., Syracuse University
J.D., Fordham University School of Law