With more than 20 years of experience, partner Jhanice V. Domingo focuses her practice on family law and litigation. A tenacious advocate for her clients, Jhanice handles complex, high-conflict family law cases as well as alternative dispute resolution of simpler family law matters. Clients trust her for her zealous representation in court, her adept negotiating skills out of court, and her astute ability to help parties resolve their cases through mediation. Due to her own cultural background, Jhanice brings an added level of competence to family law matters within the Asian Pacific American and other minority communities.
Jhanice frequently handles high-asset divorce matters requiring complicated business valuations, complex analysis of executive compensations, and financial forensic evaluations. As such, she is often engaged by physicians, attorneys, high level business executives, self-employed business owners and other professionals or their spouses in highly contested disputes for her strategic analysis, legal acumen, and attention to detail.
As a former Somerset County Assistant Prosecutor, Jhanice is no stranger to the courtroom. As a prosecutor, she handled domestic violence and juvenile cases and prosecuted contempt of final restraining orders. As an experienced family law litigator, she has significant experience trying family law matters before various family law judges around the state. She is also a trained and Court approved family law mediator and handles both Court-appointed and private mediation. She also serves as an Early Settlement Panelist and Economic Mediator for various counties in north, central, and south Jersey, including but not limited to, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, and Somerset Counties.
Beyond her day-to-day commitments to the firm and her clients, Jhanice is involved in the legal community and the various organizations serving Asian Pacific Americans. Jhanice serves as co-chair of the Family Law Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association and previously served as co-chair of the Diversity Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association. She is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee (FLEC) as well as the New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, Non-Dissolution Subcommittee, and Domestic Violence Working Group. She is also a Past President of the National Filipino American Lawyers Association and a Past President of the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey (APALA-NJ). She is currently the Chair of APALA-NJ’s Judicial & Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (JPAC) and works closely with New Jersey’s elected officials to identify highly qualified minority candidates for nomination and appointment to the New Jersey State Judiciary. She also serves on the Board of Trustees of Legal Services of New Jersey.
Honors & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in the list of Best Lawyers in America, 2019-2023
- New Jersey Law Journal, Diverse Attorney of the Year 2017
- New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law, Professional Lawyer of the Year 2017
- Selected for inclusion in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2021-2023
- Selected for inclusion in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Selected for inclusion in the list of Lawyers of Color, Top 100, Inaugural Eastern Region Hot List 2013
- Selected for inclusion in Martindale-Hubbell, Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers 2013, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating 2013
- Women Worth Watching, Profiles in Diversity Journal, Award Recipient, 2021
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The New Jersey Rising Star list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The Best Lawyers list is issued by Woodward/White, Inc. A description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
The Lawyers of Color, Top 100, Eastern Region Hot List is issued by lawyersofcolor.org. A description of the selection methodology can be found on page 18 at https://lawyersofcolor.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Hot-list-web.pdf
The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings list is issued by Martindale-Hubbell. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Client_Review_Ratings.aspx
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
News & Insights
- 10.13.22|Virtual Event
- April 2021|Publication20/20 Hindsight on 2020’s Coronavirus Pandemic and Its Effect on the Practice of Family Law - New Jersey Lawyer Magazine
- April 2016|PublicationAnother Chance to Diversify NJ Supreme Court Falls Victim to Politics - New Jersey Star Ledger
- August 2013|PublicationSeeking Greater Diversity in New Jersey’s Bench and Bar - New Jersey Lawyer Magazine
Community & Professional
- Nominations Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association
- Legal Services of New Jersey, Board of Trustees, 2022
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association, President, 2016 – 2017
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey, President, 2014 – 2015, Chair of Judicial & Prosecutorial Appointments Committee, 2012 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee, 2020-Present
- New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, 2011 – Present
- Korean American Family Service Center, Legal Counsel New Jersey Family Law Legal Clinic, 2019 – Present
- Philippine American Chamber of Commerce, Vice President, Legal Section, 2013 – 2014
- Somerset Community Action Program, Board of Directors, 2017 – 2019
- Co-Chair, Family Law Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair, Diversity Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
J.D., Seton Hall, 2002
B.A., Boston College, 1999