Pashman Stein Walder Hayden’s Commercial Real Estate group assists clients with a full range of legal counsel on commercial real estate matters. Our corporate, transactional, regulatory, and litigation attorneys in the firm work closely with real estate companies and individual investors, landlords, tenants, developers, non-profit corporations, and community associations to effectively structure commercial real estate transactions and to identify, manage and resolve issues and disputes.
We represent clients in negotiations of industrial, retail, and office leases on behalf of both the landlord and the tenant, as well as in connection with commercial real estate sales (including tax-deferred exchanges pursuant to Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code), acquisitions, and financing.
Creative and diligent, our team works with clients to plan and document the structure and financing of commercial real estate transactions, and when appropriate, create single-purpose entities or other corporate structures to help minimize risks and maximize clients’ financial benefits. In addition, our firm has an extensive land use and zoning practice group, which has represented a variety of residential real estate developers in matters before the Council on Affordable Housing and “builders remedy” lawsuits to allow the construction of affordable housing.
Further, our real estate lawyers work closely with the litigation department in handling real estate-related litigation, including actions in lieu of prerogative writs, mortgage and lien foreclosure actions, and leasing and contract litigation, as well as actions for specific performance and the dissolution of real estate partnerships.
Our knowledgeable attorneys have significant experience across a wide spectrum of real estate-related matters, including:
- Purchase and sale of commercial real estate
- Commercial leasing
- Financing transactions
- Sales/leasebacks and exchanges
- Construction lending and negotiations
- Contract negotiations
- Redevelopment and urban renewal
- Land use planning
- Environmental regulation
- Easements and restrictions
- Foreclosures and work-outs
- Tax-deferred exchanges of real property under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
- Representation of a client in the acquisition of a property where a Fortune 100 company is the single tenant as part of a tax-deferred exchange pursuant to Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Represention of clients in the acquisition or leasing of sites in connection with cannabis and hemp operations.
- Representation of a client restructuring its portfolio through tax-deferred exchanges of properties in New York and New Jersey.
- Representation of a new Shopping Center in Irvington, New Jersey in connection with its retail leasing.
- Representation of a New Jersey Country Club in connection with a $10,700,00 construction loan.
- Representation of a client in connection with the sale of a former nursing home site in Jersey City.
- Representation of the owner of a gasoline service station in connection with the leasing and subsequent sale of the site.
- Representation of owner of 31,000 square foot retail center in tax-deferred sale and acquisition of two replacement parcels
- Representation of landlords in leasing space to tenants at Class A office facilities in Hackensack, Morristown, Paramus and Parsippany, New Jersey
- Representation of a well-known retail chain of stores in the closing of an asset-based credit facility of $22,500,000
- Representation of a bank in mortgage lending transactions in New York and New Jersey.
- Representation of a chain of Manhattan-based convenience stores in its leasing of a new store in lower Manhattan.
- Representation of a developer in obtaining approvals for 134 units of housing in Wallington, New Jersey
- Representation of a non-profit agency in the acquisition of a recreational site of approximately 140 acres in northwestern New Jersey
- Representation of an owner in the sale of an office complex in central New Jersey.
- Represented one of the largest real estate developers in the country in defeating a claim by a competitor seeking to enforce a letter of intent for the acquisition and development of a parcel of land in New Jersey.
News & Insights
- Dec 11, 2014