Fourteen Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Partners Included in 2022 Best Lawyers® Lists
Pashman Stein is proud to announce that fourteen of its attorneys have been included in the 2022 Best Lawyers® lists. Twelve partners have been included in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© and two attorneys have been included in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch.”
Additionally, Alan Silber has been included in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America as the publication’s Hackensack Criminal Defense: General Practice “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each specialty and location is included as a “Lawyer of the Year,” which is based on the highest overall peer-feedback for that area and region.
The twelve Pashman Stein partners included in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America are:
• Bruce J. Ackerman (Corporate Law) Bruce chairs the Firm’s Corporate/Commercial practice and has more than 40 years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of business-related matters. His practice centers on the formation, purchase, sale, financing, structuring and operations of businesses and groups; contractual undertakings; stock and asset sale transactions; mergers; corporate agreements; and business succession planning, as well as resolving business disputes.
• Raymond M. Brown (Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Criminal Defense: General Practice, and Criminal Defense: White-Collar) Raymond has decades of experience as a highly respected civil and criminal litigator, focusing his practice in white collar criminal defense, international human rights compliance, internal investigations, and complex commercial litigation.
• Lisa M. Buckley (Litigation – Intellectual Property) Lisa chairs the firm’s Intellectual Property practice and has more than 30 years of experience practicing intellectual property law and complex commercial litigation. She provides corporate, transactional and due diligence services as well as representation of litigants in a wide range of IP matters.
• Daniel R. Guadalupe (Commercial Litigation and Litigation – Construction) With commercial litigation and transactional experience across the world, Daniel is a trusted advisor to domestic and international businesses on a wide range of matters. He co-chairs the firm’s Construction Law practice and is often called upon to arbitrate complex commercial matters in the United States and internationally.
• Joseph A. Hayden, Jr. (Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White-Collar) Joseph’s practice is largely focused on criminal defense. He frequently tries cases with extensive media coverage and tried the first case in New Jersey with live television coverage by a major network. He has been involved in high-profile cases including the trial of a former pro-basketball star and the representation of a former Bergen County Democratic Chairman in a federal prosecution.
• Sean Mack (Commercial Litigation) Sean is the co-chair of the Cannabis and Hemp practice and co-chair of the firm’s Litigation practice. Clients turn to Sean for his steadfast guidance, sincere interest in the success of their businesses, and extensive knowledge of New Jersey’s regulations and case law in the cannabis and hemp industries, for both adult-use recreational marijuana and medical marijuana.
• Aidan P. O'Connor (Criminal Defense: White-Collar) Aidan is the co-chair of the firm’s Criminal Defense and Governmental and Internal Investigations practice and a member of the Litigation practice. He is a seasoned trial lawyer with extensive experience in negotiating successful resolutions to difficult cases in both civil and criminal contexts. He is a former assistant U.S. attorney for the criminal division of the District of New Jersey.
• Louis Pashman (Real Estate Law) Louis has extensive experience in corporate law, commercial transactions, estate planning, family law, and appellate matters. He advises the Firm’s business clients on a wide range of issues that affect their interests. He also has an active mediation and arbitration practice.
• Svetlana Ros (Health Care Law) Svetlana chairs the firm’s Health Care practice and works with physicians, dentists, nurses, and other health professionals, as well as health care businesses, to help them navigate the complex and constantly evolving legal health care environment. She focuses her practice in civil and administrative litigation with a concentration in professional licensure defense before licensing Boards.
• Alan Silber (Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White-Collar) Alan concentrates his practice on federal and state complex criminal litigation, as well as representing lawyers in disciplinary cases. He has tried a variety of major white-collar cases and is also experienced as counsel for claimants in civil and criminal forfeiture actions.
• Michael S. Stein (Appellate Practice and Commercial Litigation) Michael is the chair and managing partner of the firm and focuses his practice in general commercial litigation, chancery litigation, legal ethics and appellate advocacy. He has substantial trial and appellate experience in both state and federal courts and serves as an advisor to the firm’s corporate clients on a wide variety of matters.
• Justin P. Walder (Appellate Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, and Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law) Justin is the co-chair of the firm’s Litigation practice and enjoys litigating cases involving novel or complex questions of law. He has represented judges and lawyers in the New Jersey Supreme Court and has been a leading advocate as to the importance of an independent judiciary.
The Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” list includes attorneys who are earlier in their careers and have demonstrated outstanding professional excellence in private practice. The two attorneys included in the 2022 list are:
• Timothy P. Malone (Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, and Litigation – Environmental) Timothy represents clients in a range of complex litigation matters involving commercial, corporate, and employment law, trusts and estates law, probate litigation, and environmental law.
• Yelena Yukhvid (Insurance Law) Yelena is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice and works with clients on a wide range of matters including insurance defense, employment law, and complex commercial litigation issues.
The full methodology for The Best Lawyers in America and the Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
About Pashman Stein Walder Hayden
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is a full-service law firm with a reputation for professional excellence. Headquartered in Hackensack, New Jersey with offices in Monmouth County, New Jersey and Westchester, New York, the firm serves a diverse client base including Fortune 500 companies, emerging growth entities, businesses, other law firms, governmental entities, and individuals throughout New Jersey and the New York metropolitan area. Recent honors include being named Law Firm of the Year-Finalist (2021) and, for the fourth year in a row, awarded Appellate Litigation Department of the Year (2021), by the New Jersey Law Journal; recognized by 2021 Chambers USA Guide as one of the top law firms in New Jersey in the fields of General Commercial Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations; named a Regional Powerhouse in 2018 by Law360; and named 2020 Pro Bono Law firm by the New Jersey State Bar Association. For more information, please visit www.pashmanstein.com.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 108,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and Best Lawyers has received over 13 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
Lawyers included in the Best Lawyers lists are divided by geographic region and practice area. They are reviewed by their peers and undergo an authentication process to ensure they are in current practice and in good standing.
The Best Lawyers list is issued by Woodward/White, Inc. A description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx.