Justin P. Walder
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Criminal Defense and Governmental and Internal Investigations
- Federal & State Health Care Investigations & Compliance
- Local Counsel
- Professional Misconduct and Attorney Ethics
- January 10, 2019 - Justin Walder Interviewed by News12 New Jersey on Fight over Edgewater Waterfront Property
- January 1, 2019 - 2018 Attorney Rankings and Awards Recap
- November 7, 2018 - Justin Walder to Speak at Rutgers Law School
- October 10, 2018 - Motions for Discovery Filed Against The Pingry School for the Sexual Abuse of a Former Fifth Grade Student
- September 17, 2018 - Justin Walder Receives Medal of Honor for Exemplary Contributions to Justice System
- August 15, 2018 - Six Pashman Stein Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America"
- August 6, 2018 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Represents NJ Inmate Class in Phone Call Overcharging Suit
- June 5, 2018 - Justin Walder Interviewed by John Stossel Regarding Current Case of Corruption in Edgewater
- May 22, 2018 - Justin Walder Quoted on Fatal Paramus School Bus Accident
- May 3, 2018 - Chambers Recognizes Pashman Stein Walder Hayden as Leading New Jersey Firm
- April 16, 2018 - Justin P. Walder is a Selected as a 2018 Recipient of the New Jersey State Bar Foundation Medal of Honor
- March 19, 2018 - Thirteen Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Attorneys Listed as New Jersey Super Lawyers
- March 6, 2018 - First Lawsuit Filed Against The Pingry School for the Sexual Abuse of a Former Fifth Grade Student
- February 2, 2018 - Joe Hayden Quoted and Justin Walder Mentioned in NorthJersey.com on Christie administration's last-minute move against Bridgegate's three convicted felons - Bill Baroni, Bridget Anne Kelly and David
- Nov 1, 2017 - Six Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Partners Selected for 2018 Best Lawyers in America
- Nov 30, 2016 - PSWH Successful in Unprecedented Reinstatement of Lawyer
- Nov 18, 2016 - Justin P. Walder a Recipient of the “2016 Gerald B. O’Connor Award” by the New Jersey Association of Justice
- Aug 26, 2016 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Announces Its 2017 Best Lawyers in America
- Mar 16, 2016 - Six Walder Hayden Attorneys Selected to the Super Lawyers List
- Jan 29, 2015 - Justin Walder Appointed to New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Extrajudicial Activities
- Oct 17, 2014 - Justin Walder to Receive Daniel J. O’Hern Award
- Jul 31, 2014 - Five Walder Hayden attorneys named to 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition
Justin P. Walder is the co-chair of the firm’s Litigation practice. He is the 2018 recipient of the New Jersey State Bar Foundation Medal of Honor. This highest award is in recognition of his professional excellence as demonstrated by accomplishments in the law and contribution to the improvement of the justice system for the betterment of the legal profession.
Justin was also recently recognized by his peers in 2018 as one of the Top Ten Super Lawyers of New Jersey.
Justin has been nationally recognized in 2018 by the Best Lawyers of America in the area of Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law and White Collar Criminal Defense..
He has amassed a wealth of legal knowledge from a variety of perspectives and continues to rack up legal accolades and accomplishments. Justin particularly enjoys litigating cases involving novel or complex questions of law, and recently represented a judge of the New Jersey Superior Court in a successful challenge as to the constitutionality of increases of pension and health care costs for judges and justices of New Jersey. He has been a leading advocate as to the importance of an independent judiciary.
Justin has served as New Jersey State Deputy Attorney General, as Assistant Essex County Prosecutor in charge of business fraud and economic crimes, and, nearly thirty years ago, co-founded the firm of Walder Hayden. In addition to his active litigation practice, Justin has served as Designated Special Counsel to the New Jersey Supreme Court and as Counsel to the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts. He passes his legal knowledge on to others through service as an Adjunct Professor at Rutgers University School of Law and as an instructor for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He has been a Master and Lecturer for the New Jersey Inns of Court, a faculty member of the New Jersey Judicial College. He is an Associate Editor of the New Jersey Law Journal.
Justin believes strongly in service to the legal community. He has served in a number of capacities, including, among others, as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Commission on Rules of Professional Conduct; as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Board on Trial Attorney Certification; and as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Fee Arbitration.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Co-Chair, New Jersey Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Board of Trustees 2013, Moderator, CLE Seminar on “How to Handle High Profile Cases and the Media”)
- Essex County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Member, State Committee)
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (Member, Board of Governors)
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, past President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee as to Revisions of the Code of Judicial Conduct Relating to Extrajudicial Activities
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Court Reporters/ Sound Recording
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Commercial Filming in Court Facilities
- New Jersey Supreme Court Criminal Practice Committee
- New Jersey Supreme Court Ad Hoc Committee On Jury Selection
- Member, Panel Selection and Management Criminal Justice Act Plan
- Member, Lawyers Advisory Committee, United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Member, Civil Justice Expense and Delay Reduction Advisory Committee
- Designated Special Master by United States District Court Re: Prudential Insurance Company of America Sales Practices Litigation
- Designated as Discovery Master by the Superior Court in Environmental and Complex Corporate Litigation
- Designated Special Agent, Provisional Director and Discovery Master by the Superior Court, Chancery Division
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Public Member, Seton Hall Law School Dean Search Committee
- Board of Visitors Seton Hall Law School
- Dean’s Advisory Council, Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Committee, Reinstatement of Attorneys
- Member, Essex County Court Advisory Committee
- Member, Essex County Judicial and Prosecutor Appointments Committee
- Member, Steering Committee, Essex County Criminal Reorganization Program
- Moderator, Media, Bench Bar Dialogue: “Media Coverage of Criminal Cases”
- Member, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New Jersey
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Second and Third Circuits
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- B.A., Seton Hall University
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law
Honors and Accolades
- Recipient of the 2018 New Jersey State Bar Foundation Medal of Honor; the highest award in recognition of professional excellence as demonstrated by accomplishments in the law and contribution to the improvement of the justice system for the betterment of the legal profession
- Ranked in the 2018 Best Lawyers in America list for Appellate Practice, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law and White Collar Criminal Defense
- Selected as one of Top Ten Super Lawyers of New Jersey 2018
- Recipient of the New Jersey Law Journal Distinguished Leader Award, 2017
- Recognized in Chambers USA Lawyers for Business, Litigation: White-collar Crime & Government Investigations for 2017
- Recipient of the 2016 Gerald B. O’Connor Award by the New Jersey Association of Justice
- Recipient of the 2014 Daniel J. O’Hern Award – highest award of the NJ State Bar Association
- Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. Award – highest award of the Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey
- Selected as the 2011 Lawyer of the Year by the New Jersey Law Journal
- Selected for the Best Lawyers in America list, based on peer review, as the 2013 Lawyer of the Year in the metropolitan area for White Collar Criminal Defense and Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Ranked in the 2013-2018 Best Lawyers in America list for Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Ranked in the 2013-2018 Best Lawyers in America list for Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Ranked Number One in New Jersey Super Lawyers list for 2009
- Ranked Number Two in New Jersey Super Lawyers list for 2008
- Ranked in the “Top 10” New Jersey Super Lawyers list for the 2013-2018 editions
- Selected to the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating list
- Recipient of the 2011 Distinguished Alumnus Award, Rutgers School of Law-Newark Alumni Association
- Trial Attorney of the Year, Essex County Bar Association
- Honorable Lawrence A. Whipple Memorial Award, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- Ranked in the Chambers USA “Leaders in their Field” list for several editions
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings list is issued by Martindale-Hubbell. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Client_Review_Ratings.aspx.
The Best Lawyers list is issued by Woodward/White, Inc. A description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
The Lawyer of the Year award is selected and published by the New Jersey Law Journal. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.njlawjournal.com
The Chambers USA ranking list is published by Chambers & Partners. A description of the selection methodology can be
found at http://www.chambersandpartners.com/.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.