Bruce Ackerman co-chairs the firm’s Corporate & Business Law practice and has more than 40 years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of business-related matters. His practice centers on the formation, purchase, sale, financing, structuring and operations of businesses, associations, and professional practices; contractual undertakings; stock and asset sale transactions; mergers; corporate agreements; and business succession planning, as well as resolving business disputes for those clients. His clients range from publicly traded, multi-site and closely held businesses to community associations and government agencies. Bruce prides himself in providing hands on representation and exceptional communications to understand and implement each client’s objectives.
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
The following representative examples range in size between $1,000,000 to $200,000,000:
- Represented a national security company in a closing of a $195 million asset-backed credit facility with a private equity group of funds
- Represented a national services company in a closing of an asset-backed credit facility of $100 million
- Represented a national retail goods importer and distributor in the sale of its assets
- Represented a NJ builder/developer in the financing of the construction of a new office building
- Represented a hedge fund management company in a joint venture purchasing asset-backed bond portfolios
- Represented a NJ grocery chain in the purchase of another NJ location
- Represented a national defense contractor in the sale of specified assets
- Represented a utilities authority in the financing and implementation of a hydroelectric facility
- Represented several medical practices in the organization of the company ownership documentation in several sales of the medical practices
Honors & Recognitions
Selected for inclusion in the list of:
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law, 2020-2023
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2007-2008, 2013-2014, 2022
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The Best Lawyers list is issued by Woodward/White, Inc. A description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
News & Insights
- Dec 11, 2014
- 3.31.14Investors Take Heed: The New LLC Act Is Sweeping Into Effect
Community & Professional
- Counselor, The Inn of Transactional Counsel
- Member, American, New Jersey, Bergen County Bar Associations
- Arbitrator, FINRA
- Counsel, Montville Township Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Former Chair, District X Attorney Ethics Committee
- Executive Board, Center for Closely Held Business, William Paterson University
- Past-President, Montville Soccer Association, Inc.
- Morris County Early Settlement Panelist
- Regular Contributor, The New Jersey Cooperator
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. States Supreme Court
B.A., University of Maryland, 1974
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1977, Comments Editor, Seton Hall University Law Review