- September 29, 2017 - Yelena Yukhvid mentioned in the Washington State Supreme Court case brief of State of Washington v. Michael Murray
I decided to join PSWH because of its reputation for excellence in New Jersey, the variety of the practice areas that the firm offers, and the culture. As an associate, I have the opportunity to work on and become involved with a wide range of matters, including insurance defense, employment law, and complex commercial litigation issues. The culture of the firm is also positive and supportive, with an atmosphere that is friendly and cooperative.
Yelena Yukhvid is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice. Prior to joining Pashman Stein, Ms. Yukhvid clerked for the Honorable Mary F. Thurber, J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County. Ms. Yukhvid graduated magna cum laude from Boston University and received her J.D., cum laude, from Rutgers School of Law – Newark. During law school, Ms. Yukhvid served as the managing editor of the Rutgers Law Review and was a member of the Rutgers Moot Court Board. She was a finalist in the David Cohn Appellate Advocacy Competition and served as a Teaching Associate for the Legal Research and Writing program.
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
“Should Elderly Criminals Be Punished for Being Prisoners of the Mind? An Analysis of Criminals with Alzheimer’s Disease,” 50 GONZ. L. REV. 43 (2015).
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- B.A., Boston University, magna cum laude, 2012
- Rutgers University School of Law, cum laude, 2015