Timothy P. Malone
Having spent several years at the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office where I worked closely with the NJDEP and the New Jersey Pinelands Commission on land use and development issues, I bring both trial and appellate experience to Pashman Stein. I work with clients on environmental matters including regulatory compliance, disputes concerning due diligence investigations, and Spill Act litigation. I also handle commercial litigation matters, ranging from antitrust to fraudulent transfers to business ownership disputes and employer-employee disputes. I love the challenge of confronting a new issue and digging in to find the winning argument for the client.
Timothy Malone is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice.
Prior to joining Pashman Stein, Tim worked as a Deputy Attorney General in the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General’s Environmental Practice Group. He counseled state agencies on the application of federal and state environmental and land use laws to proposed natural gas infrastructure and other developments. Tim’s practice also included defense of state permitting decisions, water quality regulations, Spill Act litigation, and Open Public Record Act requests and disputes. While with the State, Tim garnered significant appellate advocacy experience, including practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, New Jersey Supreme Court, and New Jersey Appellate Division. Tim also represented state agencies in mediations, administrative hearings, and in motion practice before state and federal trial courts and administrative bodies.
Tim clerked for the Honorable Carmen H. Alvarez, J.A.D., New Jersey Appellate Division, Atlantic County. He graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College and received his J.D., Order of the Coif, from the University of Virginia School of Law.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Associations
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation v. New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, 883 F.3d 360 (3d Cir. 2016)
- In the Matter of the Petition of South Jersey Gas Company for a Consistency Determination for a Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency v. B.O. & T.E., 438 N.J. Super. 373 (App. Div. 2014)
- State of New Jersey, State Agricultural Development Committee v. Quaker Valley Farms, LLC, ___ N.J. ___ (2018)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- B.A., Dartmouth College, cum laude, 2007
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, order of the coif, 2012