Aidan P. O’Connor
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Advocacy
- Criminal Defense and Governmental and Internal Investigations
- Federal & State Health Care Investigations & Compliance
- Privacy and Information Governance
- Professional Misconduct and Attorney Ethics
- Special Retentions
- July 10, 2018 - Aidan O'Connor Quoted on NJ.com Article about Ex-Cop Who Cooperated with Federal Investigation to Avoid Prison Time
- June 25, 2018 - Aidan O'Connor Quoted on Arrest of Former FDNY Fire Commissioner's Son
- May 3, 2018 - Chambers Recognizes Pashman Stein Walder Hayden as Leading New Jersey Firm
- March 19, 2018 - Thirteen Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Attorneys Listed as New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Dec 5, 2017 - Nine Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Attorneys Named 2017 Bergen County Top Lawyers
- Nov 1, 2017 - Seven Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Partners Selected for 2018 Best Lawyers in America
- Nov 18, 2016 - Joseph Hayden and Aidan O’Connor on NBC News in Regards to Passaic Mayor’s Defense
- Aug 26, 2016 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Announces Its 2017 Best Lawyers in America
- Jul 11, 2016 - Firm Partners Elected to Positions at Rutgers Law School‘s Inn of Court (the Willard Heckel Inn)
- Mar 24, 2016 - Pashman Stein Lawyers Selected to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Aug 17, 2015 - Best Lawyers in America® 2016 List Selects Four Pashman Stein Partners
- Apr 28, 2015 - Bob Kornitzer and Aidan O’Connor Interviewed by NJTV News in Regards to Orthodox Divorces
- Mar 16, 2015 - Five Pashman Stein Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers List for 2015 Six Attorneys Also Selected to the Rising Stars List
- Mar 3, 2015 - 2015 Chambers USA Honors Aidan O’Connor and Michael Stein
- Jan 5, 2015 - Aidan O’Connor Interviewed by FMN
Aidan P. O’Connor is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Criminal Defense Practice Group and a member of its Litigation Department, concentrating on criminal defense, internal investigations and complex civil litigation, including securities fraud matters. Mr. O’Connor is a seasoned trial lawyer and has extensive experience in negotiating successful resolutions to difficult cases in both civil and criminal contexts. Mr. O’Connor was an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of New Jersey for 18 years, serving in the Criminal Division, the Organized Crime Strike Force and as the Chief of the Violent Crimes Unit. He was a recipient of the Director’s Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for his successful prosecution of a RICO case involving hundreds of millions of dollars in excise tax fraud and organized crime members.
Since his return to private practice, Mr. O’Connor has represented clients in state and federal courts, including an Orthodox rabbi accused of kidnapping husbands to force them to grant a get to their estranged wives, a New Jersey mayor accused of corruption, a police officer accused of fraud, a former CEO of a tech company in an SEC investigation, an entertainer and others charged with tax evasion, a large international labor union in a civil case involving hundreds of millions of dollars in assets and hundreds of thousands of workers, a defendant in a federal securities fraud and tax evasion case containing allegations of approximately two hundred million dollars of loss. Mr. O’Connor has handled civil cases involving civil RICO, the False Claims Act, securities fraud, regulatory issues, real estate, contract disputes, civil forfeiture and insurance issues. Criminal matters handled by Mr. O’Connor include allegations of securities fraud, insurance fraud, health care fraud, tax evasion, bank and mortgage fraud, public corruption, union corruption, assault, kidnapping, extortion, murder, kickback schemes, computer intrusions and hacking, embezzlement, theft, sexual offenses, drug and controlled dangerous substance offenses, trade secrets, anti-trust, federal grand jury investigations and state parole violations in both state and federal court, as well as municipal court matters. Mr. O’Connor has also conducted internal investigations and defended against governmental investigations for companies and public entities. Mr. O’Connor has also managed subpoena compliance issues for numerous entities.
Mr. O’Connor has tried over 20 federal jury trials, argued hundreds of motions and conducted scores of hearings involving organized crime, tax fraud, money laundering, government program fraud, racketeering, alien smuggling, homicide, bank robbery, narcotics trafficking, civil rights and other offenses. He has also argued appeals before the Second and Third Circuit Courts of Appeals. Mr. O’Connor has conducted hundreds of federal prosecutions involving long and short term investigations, grand jury presentations, witness interviews, wiretapping and search warrants for offenses including organized crime, RICO, tax fraud and evasion, money laundering, theft of trade secrets, union corruption, embezzlement, commercial and insurance fraud, large stolen property rings, health care fraud, computer crimes, extortion, murder, robbery and kidnapping. Prior to joining the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Aidan O’Connor was a litigation associate from 1986 to 1990 with Thacher Proffitt & Wood in New York City, where he conducted or assisted in another half dozen civil trials involving banking and international maritime insurance in state and federal court.
Mr. O’Connor has represented clients, conducted investigations and debriefed and presented at trial and other proceedings, witnesses in Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Fukinese, Mandarin and Cantonese), Hebrew, Thai, Turkish and Tigrinya.
- Member, New Jersey State Legislature’s Criminal Sentencing and Disposition Commission
- Officer and Member of the Executive Committee of Rutgers Law School ‘s Inn of Court (the Willard Heckel Inn)
- Vice President, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDL-NJ)
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
- United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- B.A., Columbia University, 1983
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1986
- Recognized in Chambers USA Lawyers for Business, Litigation: White-collar Crime & Government Investigations for 2017
- Ranked in the Chambers USA “Leaders in their Field” list for the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions
- Selected for New Jersey Super Lawyer list for the 2013-2017 editions
- Ranked in the 2015, 2016, 2017and 2018 editions of Best Lawyers list for his Criminal Defense: White Collar practice.
The Chambers USA ranking list is published by Chambers & Partners. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.chambersandpartners.com/methodology.
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The Best Lawyers list is issued by Woodward/White, Inc. A description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.