Scott Lippert is chair of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Practice. Scott joined the firm as a shareholder in 2003. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate sales, acquisitions, financing and leasing, with more than 40 years of experience in dealing with retail, industrial and office properties, for both landlords and tenants. The firm’s Commercial Real Estate Practice regularly engages in due diligence investigations, including analysis of title, zoning and environmental aspects of transactions.
Scott also has a substantial practice in the land use field, frequently appearing before land use boards throughout northern and central New Jersey.
Clients turn to Scott for his reputation as an honest, ethical practitioner who is tough when the occasion calls for it. For each client, he analyzes the goals and considers any collateral issues, and diligently and methodically completes the work, providing cost-effective and highly responsive service.
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
- Representation of a client in the acquisition of a property where a Fortune 100 company is the single tenant as part of a tax-deferred exchange pursuant to Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 company in connection with over three dozen applications for site plan approval and variance relief for restaurant locations throughout central and northern New Jersey in which unanimous approvals were obtained in each case.
- Represention of clients in the acquisition or leasing of sites in connection with cannabis and hemp operations.
- Representation of a client restructuring its portfolio through tax-deferred exchanges of properties in New York and New Jersey.
- Representation of a new Shopping Center in Irvington, New Jersey in connection with its retail leasing.
- Representation of a New Jersey Country Club in connection with a $10,700,00 construction loan.
- Representation of a client in connection with the sale of a former nursing home site in Jersey City.
- Representation of the owner of a gasoline service station in connection with the leasing and subsequent sale of the site.
- Representation of owner of 31,000 square foot retail center in tax-deferred sale and acquisition of two replacement parcels
- Representation of landlords in leasing space to tenants at Class A office facilities in Hackensack, Morristown, Paramus and Parsippany, New Jersey
- Representation of a well-known retail chain of stores in the closing of an asset-based credit facility of $22,500,000
- Representation of a bank in mortgage lending transactions in New York and New Jersey.
- Representation of a chain of Manhattan-based convenience stores in its leasing of a new store in lower Manhattan.
- Representation of a developer in obtaining approvals for 134 units of housing in Wallington, New Jersey
- Representation of a non-profit agency in the acquisition of a recreational site of approximately 140 acres in northwestern New Jersey
- Representation of a medical practice in Teaneck, New Jersey to obtain a use variance to expand an existing facility.
- Representation of an owner in the sale of an office complex in central New Jersey.
Honors & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2015-2016
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
News & Insights
Community & Professional
- Chairman, River Vale Joint Planning Board
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Board Member, Paramus Children’s Health Foundation, Inc.
- Past Chair, District II-A Fee Arbitration Committee
- Past Member, District II-A Ethics Committee
- Past Member, Board of Trustees of The Foundation at Bergen Regional Medical Center
- Past President, Paramus Rotary Club
- Past President, Pascack Valley High School Gridiron Club
- Former Member, Secondary School Alumni Interview Committee, University of Pennsylvania
- Past Chairman, Paramus Rotary Club Foundation
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1976, cum laude
J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, 1979