Gary S. Stein
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Advocacy
- Local Counsel
- Professional Misconduct and Attorney Ethics
- Special Retentions
- November 12, 2018 - Congratulations to Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Attorneys on being named 2018 Bergen County Top Lawyers
- September 15, 2018 - Latino Coalition Honors Justice Gary S. Stein
- August 27, 2018 - Pashman Stein Recognized as a 2018 Regional Powerhouse by Law360
- June 11, 2018 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden's Appellate Practice Profiled in New Jersey Law Journal
- May 17, 2018 - Lawsuit Seeks Statewide Remedies for New Jersey's Segregated Public School System
- April 23, 2018 - Firm has been recognized as "Appellate Litigation Department of the Year" by The New Jersey Law Journal
- Nov 30, 2017 - Pashman Stein Chairman Joins Murphy Transition Team
- Nov 16, 2017 - Justice Stein named to Murphy Transition Team
- Nov 14, 2017 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Practice Profiled in NJBiz
- May 18, 2016 - PSWH Lawyers Participate in NJSBA Annual Meeting
- Apr 19, 2016 - Justice Stein Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Oct 29, 2015 - Justice Stein Joins ELC Board of Trustees
- February 25, 2019 - A Powerful Challenge to Gerrymanders: 'Common Cause v. Rucho'
- August 28, 2018 - The Benefits of Arbitration for Business-to-Business Disputes
- April 2, 2018 - Is Arbitration a Good Alternative to Litigation for B2B Disputes?
- Jul 29, 2013 - Disabling the Voting Rights Act
Justice Stein joined Pashman Stein after serving for more than 17 years on the New Jersey State Supreme Court. As a Justice, he wrote more than 365 published opinions during his tenure, the sixth longest in the State Supreme Court’s history. Prior to that, he served as Director of the Governor’s Office of Policy and Planning from 1982 to 1985, during the Administration of Governor Tom Kean. In addition, Justice Stein served as Paramus Borough Attorney and counsel to the New Jersey Election Law Revision Commission. He also is a former counsel to the Teaneck Board of Adjustment, former chairperson of the Bergen County District Ethics Committee, and former chairperson of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Complementary Dispute Resolution. Justice Stein is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation, as well as a member of the Bergen County, New Jersey State (including a previous position as chairperson of its Committee on State Legislation) Bar Associations.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Educational Law Center
- Member, Board of Trustees, Drew University
- Member, Board of Trustees, A.C.L.U. New Jersey
- President, New Jersey Coalition for Diverse and Inclusive Schools, Inc.
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- B.A., Duke University, 1954
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, with distinction, 1956