We are routinely engaged as local counsel by national and international corporations of all sizes and by major multinational AmLaw 100 firms to meet their regional litigation needs. Our respected attorneys offer more than a familiar face in the courtroom; as local counsel, we provide unique insight in approaching and developing case strategies for state and federal matters throughout New Jersey and New York.
The combination of our attorneys’ experience, work ethic, knowledge of local judicial culture, and, most importantly, the depth and strength of the firm’s litigation bench, puts our firm at the forefront of the litigation bar as go-to litigators for complex litigation, including high-profile or “bet the business” disputes.
In serving as local counsel, our attorneys draw on the unique experience of our former deputy attorneys general, assistant US attorneys, and state prosecutors, as well as our retired judges, including New Jersey State Supreme Court Justice Gary S. Stein (Ret.), Hon. Ellen L. Koblitz, P.J.A.D. (Ret.), Hon. Ronny Jo Siegal, J.S.C. (Ret.), and Hon. Stuart Peim, J.S.C. (Ret.).
We serve as local counsel in a wide variety of corporate and business litigation matters, including intellectual property, criminal defense, administrative matters, toxic torts, class actions, and MDL matters. As local counsel, we provide conscientious and professional guidance in navigating our regional courts, and serve as a trusted partner to corporate counsel, litigation departments, and law firms.
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
- Representing one of the world’s largest financial institutions as local counsel in a dispute involving alleged New Jersey False Claims Act violations arising from the sale of tax-exempt municipal bonds known as variable rate demand obligations.
- Serving as local counsel to a publicly traded company in a federal antitrust and trade-secrets dispute in the life-sciences data industry concerning hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damages.
- Represented a British bank as local counsel in a litigation venued in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County involving claims for alleged fraud and racketeering arising out of an insurance company’s investment in nearly $300 million in residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Representing a liquidating trustee appointed by a federal bankruptcy court on an appeal to the New Jersey Appellate Division concerning more than $200 million in claims against the corporate parents and affiliates of an insolvent entity relating to environmental liabilities for pollution of the Passaic River.
- Served as local counsel for three financial institutions in a New Jersey qui tam action involving allegations that the banks fraudulently underpriced hundreds of municipal bond offerings.
- Represented developers in federal constitutional litigation against New Jersey municipalities. One case concerned allegations that the municipality abused its eminent-domain power for corrupt purposes and was widely covered by national and local media; the other case concerned allegations that the municipality abused its power to exact unlawful concessions from our client.
- Represented an international publicly-held pharmaceutical company in connection with responding to multiple third party subpoenas in a multi-district litigation.
News & Insights
- February 9, 2021|News