Steven Walder represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters involving attorney ethics, commercial law, corporate law, employment law, criminal law, and insurance law. Steven has significant experience successfully handling matters before the State of New Jersey’s Office of Attorney Ethics and District Ethics Committee hearing panels for clients facing professional misconduct charges. Steven has also successfully represented individual and corporate clients facing civil and criminal governmental investigations, in among other areas, medical care provider reimbursement, securities fraud, and mortgage fraud.
In addition to an undergraduate degree from Syracuse University and a law degree from Seton Hall University, Steven holds a master’s degree in Business Administration from Rutgers University with a concentration in finance. Steven brings his experiences as an attorney at the New Jersey Bureau of Securities, a credit analyst in the banking industry, and as a stockbroker and equity trader in the securities industry, to inform his legal practice in commercial matters, as well as securities matters and criminal cases involving financial issues.
- In a case of first impression, successfully obtained from the New Jersey Supreme Court an order reinstating the license of a previously disbarred attorney two years after the court found the attorney had knowingly misappropriated funds from an elderly client.
- Assisted law partners in the representation of the Housing Authority of the City of Newark in a construction and rent dispute with Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC related to Newark’s Prudential Arena.
- Successfully represented a mortgage broker accused of falsifying loan documents for various borrowers who obtained mortgages from lenders.
- Successfully represented a mortgage bank and a principal from the bank accused of participating in a real estate Ponzi scheme.
- Successfully represented a mortgage broker accused of unfair lending practices in a foreclosure proceeding.
- Represented a national banking institution in an internal investigation at the bank which uncovered extensive fraudulent misconduct by a bank employee.
News & Insights
Community & Professional
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
B.S., Syracuse University, 1985
M.B.A., Graduate School of Management, Rutgers University, 1988
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1994