Six Pashman Stein Attorneys Included in 2018 "Best Lawyers in America" List
Pashman Stein is proud to announce that six of its partners were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2018 The Best Lawyers in America list. The six honored attorneys are:
- Joseph A. Hayden, Jr. (Criminial Defense: White-Collar). His practice is largely focused in Criminal defense. He frequently tries cases with extensive media coverage, and tried the first case in New Jersey with live television coverage by a major network. Joe has been involved in such high-profile cases as the trial of former pro-basketball star Jayson Williams, and successfully represented Joseph Ferriero, former Bergen County Democratic Chairman, in a federal prosecution.
- Sean Mack (Commercial Litigation). He is the co-chair of the litigation practice. He has substantial experience litigating complex business disputes in state and federal courts in New Jersey, New York and other jurisdictions. He has extensive experience representing companies and senior executives in lawsuits involving claims of breaches of fiduciary duties, theft of corporate opportunities, breaches of restrictive covenants and in partnership disputes and dissolution proceedings. He represents motor carriers in contract disputes and has provided advice on a variety of legal issues affecting motor carriers and the intermodal shipping industry.
- Aidan P. O'Connor (Criminial Defense: White-Collar). He is a member in the Litigation practice and head of its Criminal Defense and Internal Investigations Division. He is a former Assistant United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey and served in the Criminal Division, on the Organized Crime Strike Force and as chief of the Violent Crimes Unit. He concentrates his practice on complex civil litigation, criminal defense and internal investigations, including securities fraud matters.
- Alan Silber (Criminial Defense: General Practice, Criminial Defense: White-Collar). He concentrates his practice on federal and state complex criminal litigation, as well as representing lawyers in disciplinary cases. Alan has tried a variety of major white-collar cases involving RICO, bank, securities, telemarketing, health care, and wire and mail fraud. He has defended clients in money laundering cases of significant size and scope, kidnapping (representing a police officer), and murder. Alan is also experienced as counsel for claimants in civil and criminal forfeiture actions.
- Michael S. Stein (Commercial Litigation). He is the chairman of the firm and its managing partner. He specializes in general commercial litigation, chancery litigation, legal ethics and appellate advocacy and has substantial trial and appellate experience in both state and federal courts. Stein also serves as an advisor to the firm’s corporate clients on such matters as partnership and shareholder agreements, intellectual property rights, lender liability issues, land use requirements, contracts, restrictive covenants and chancery law.
- Justin P. Walder (Appellate Practice, Criminial Defense: White-Collar, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law). He is the co-chair of the firm’s Litigation practice. He particularly enjoys litigating cases involving novel or comeex questions of law, and recently represented a judge of the New Jersey Superior Court in a successful challenge as to the constitutionality of increases of pension and health care costs for judges and justices of New Jersey. He has been a leading advocate as to the importance of an independent judiciary.
ABOUT “BEST LAW FIRMS”
The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process. To be eligible for a ranking, a law firm must have at least one lawyer listed in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© list for that particular location and specialty.
ABOUT BEST LAWYERS
The Best Law Firms list is issued by U.S.News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” . A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.