At Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, you won’t just find a job—you’ll find a home.
Since our inception in 1991, Pashman Stein Walder Hayden has emphasized excellence in client service. Our attorneys have the expertise and experience to provide a full spectrum of legal services to our clients. Over the years, we have become one of the most prestigious and well-respected law firms in New Jersey.
Many of our attorneys are listed in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA, and have been elected as Fellows of specialty practice area organizations. We have reached and maintained that level of excellence because of the quality of the individuals we hire.
We are a growing firm that hires outstanding entry-level and lateral lawyers. We always welcome the opportunity to bring on experienced attorneys with compatible practices. If you think your experience and client base would be a good fit at the firm, we encourage you to reach out to us.
Many of our new associates are recent law school graduates, while others join us after gaining experience in government or other law firms. While outstanding law school performance is a major factor in our hiring decisions, we also focus on a candidate’s background, experience, and unique talent that candidate can contribute to our practice. In short, because we are a firm full of superstars, we are looking for superstars.
We take great pride in the fact that other leading law firms, judges, and lawyers have repeatedly turned to us over the years when faced with their own legal problems. Clients and other lawyers routinely refer us cases because of our proven success record—they trust us to handle the most complicated matters and know that we deliver exceptional service in an efficient manner. Judges know us well – for insight, thoughtful analysis, and creativity.
As a Pashman Stein Walder Hayden attorney, you will work in a physical environment and professional setting that supports your work every step of the way. Our main office, in Hackensack, New Jersey, is directly across the street from the Bergen County Court House, within minutes of Manhattan. We offer our attorneys and staff an array of benefits and compensation.
- Competitive Salaries, Commensurate with Experience
- Extensive Parental Leave Policies
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and Time Off Benefits
- Healthy Snacks
- Gym Membership, Access to Personal Training, and CrossFit
- Bar Association Fees and CLE Covered
For open positions and to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Manager, Bergen County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, a leading mid-size law firm, seeks a full-time Marketing Manager, based in the firm’s Hackensack, New Jersey office. This is an exciting opportunity to join our tight-knit team in a warm and casual, yet vibrant and dynamic, environment. The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and manage the firm’s marketing, branding, digital marketing, public relations, and business development initiatives.
Primary tasks include:
- Collaborate and work with Chief Strategy Officer on marketing, branding, digital marketing, public relations, and business development strategies.
- Supervise the Marketing Assistant, with appropriate delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
- Marketing Materials: Create, design, manage, and distribute well-written online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm, practice areas, and individual attorneys. This includes profiles, practice descriptions, brochures, newsletters (both internal and external), client alerts, podcasts, and videos.
- Media/Public Relations: Prepare and manage public relations activities and communications for the firm, practice areas and individual attorneys. This includes drafting press releases, new attorney announcements, other firm announcements, and media materials; tracking press mentions, establishing attorneys as thought leaders, and developing and managing relationships with key media players.
- Liaison: Serve as liaison to our outside PR consultant and other vendors as appropriate.
- Digital Marketing: Create, manage, and execute digital marketing initiatives, including website SEO, email campaigns, blogs, and social media strategies.
- Website: Manage firm website including updates and content alterations to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all website content and to improve SEO.
- Social Media: Manage and grow the firm’s social media presence and other electronic communications. This includes drafting, updating, posting, and maintaining a calendar of content and images; evaluating effectiveness; drafting and implementing policies; and working with outside design consultants as needed.
- Email Campaigns: Create, design, manage, and distribute targeted email campaigns, including client alerts and firm newsletters (internal and external); manage and maintain contact lists and outreach to current and prospective clients.
- Awards and Directories: Identify, manage, and draft submissions for attorney, practice area, and firm awards, rankings, directories, referral sites, and other contests, including Chambers, Best Lawyers, and New Jersey Law Journal.
- Client Pitches and Proposals: Supervise and coordinate the firm’s RFP, RFQ, and RFI process with individual attorneys and the Marketing Assistant. This includes soliciting RFPs from appropriate perspective clients and responding to requests issued by our corporate and governmental clients. Draft and submit custom pitch proposals for new business, as needed.
- Market Research: Conduct background and market research to assist attorneys in pitches and proposals. Conduct market research, benchmarking, and business intelligence and develop cross-marketing opportunities among practice groups.
- Photography, Logos, and Promotional Products: Arrange professional photoshoots and maintain image and logo files. Prepare various art files (headshots, logos, graphics) for use in online and print materials.
- Event Planning/Coordination and Promotional Products: Manage business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including firm receptions, conferences, seminars, CLEs, on-campus recruiting, and other special firm-sponsored events, holiday cards, and promotional products.
- Sponsorships and Speaking Engagements: Identify, prepare, evaluate, and make recommendations for firm/practice area/attorney participation in sponsorships, advertisements, conferences, tradeshows, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events.
- Training: Provide training and coaching for individual attorney’s marketing, presentation and business development skills and create business development plans
- Analytics: Compile data on the firm’s marketing initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidates must have 7+ years of marketing experience within a law firm.
- Marketing management experience within a law firm preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), presentation, facilitation, and consensus building skills.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to understand the attorney-client relationship are critical. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to write effectively for public relations and other purposes for audiences inside and outside the firm and to prepare written materials to market the firm, its practices, and its attorneys.
- Must demonstrate initiative, be highly-organized, demonstrate strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments.
- Creative problem-solving and strong analytic skills, exceptional judgment, and decisiveness.
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel, form strong relationships with firm leadership, and serve as a catalyst for creative thinking and the implementation of new ideas.
- Familiar with SEO and Google Analytics including ability to set goals, interpret metrics, and implement projects that will improve online performance and visibility.
- Experience with relevant software applications, including digital marketing platforms (Fanbooster, Constant Contact), Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), and website content management systems (WordPress/proprietary content management systems).
Senior Lateral Attorneys, Monmouth County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is seeking lateral senior-level attorneys to work in the firm’s new Monmouth County Office at Bell Works in Holmdel. Candidates should have 5+ years of experience with portable business in commercial litigation, trusts and estates, or intellectual property law. Excellent academic credentials and verbal skills required. Candidates must be admitted to the New Jersey bar.
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity, including those characteristics protected by law and beyond. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the community that we serve.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join our top-notch staff, please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.