At Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, you won’t just find a job—you’ll find a home.
Since our inception in 1991, Pashman Stein Walder Hayden has emphasized excellence in client service. Our attorneys have the expertise and experience to provide a full spectrum of legal services to our clients. Over the years, we have become one of the most prestigious and well-respected law firms in New Jersey.
Many of our attorneys are listed in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA, and have been elected as Fellows of specialty practice area organizations. We have reached and maintained that level of excellence because of the quality of the individuals we hire.
We are a growing firm that hires outstanding entry-level and lateral lawyers. We always welcome the opportunity to bring on experienced attorneys with compatible practices. If you think your experience and client base would be a good fit at the firm, we encourage you to reach out to us.
Many of our new associates are recent law school graduates, while others join us after gaining experience in government or other law firms. While outstanding law school performance is a major factor in our hiring decisions, we also focus on a candidate’s background, experience, and unique talent that candidate can contribute to our practice. In short, because we are a firm full of superstars, we are looking for superstars.
We take great pride in the fact that other leading law firms, judges, and lawyers have repeatedly turned to us over the years when faced with their own legal problems. Clients and other lawyers routinely refer us cases because of our proven success record—they trust us to handle the most complicated matters and know that we deliver exceptional service in an efficient manner. Judges know us well – for insight, thoughtful analysis, and creativity.
As a Pashman Stein Walder Hayden attorney, you will work in a physical environment and professional setting that supports your work every step of the way. Our main office, in Hackensack, New Jersey, is directly across the street from the Bergen County Court House, within minutes of Manhattan. We offer our attorneys and staff an array of benefits and compensation.
- Competitive Salaries, Commensurate with Experience
- Extensive Parental Leave Policies
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and Time Off Benefits
- Healthy Snacks
- Gym Membership, Access to Personal Training, and CrossFit
- Bar Association Fees and CLE Covered
For open positions and to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Lateral Attorneys, Monmouth County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is seeking lateral senior-level attorneys to work in the firm’s new Monmouth County Office at Bell Works in Holmdel. Candidates should have 5+ years of experience with portable business in commercial litigation, trusts and estates, or intellectual property law. Excellent academic credentials and verbal skills required. Candidates must be admitted to the New Jersey bar.
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity, including those characteristics protected by law and beyond. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the community that we serve.
Billing Coordinator, Bergen County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm, seeks a full-time legal billing coordinator to join the accounting team based at the Firm’s Hackensack, New Jersey office. The individual will be responsible for the administration of billing on a variety of platforms. This position will report to the CFO and will work closely with the accounting team.
Primary tasks include:
- Review and process legal billing on a variety of platforms;
- Serve as point of contact for client billing questions;
- Proactively identify billing issues;
- Respond to and resolve billing inquiries from attorneys, secretarial staff and management team;
- Track status of e-bills submitted, identify issues, and work to address rejections;
- Communicate situations as they arise that may require follow-up, such as rate issues, delays in billing, difficult requests, etc.;
- Assist with new matter intake and conflict checks;
- Making copies, scanning, and filing billing-related documents;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in billing or accounts receivable (law firm experience preferred);
- Experience with electronic billing and client billing programs preferred; Examples include: Coyote, Bottomline, Legal-X, CounselLink, Ascent, and Collaborati;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to multitask;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong computer and technical skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- A high standard of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality, is also vital.
Receptionist, Bergen County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm, seeks a full-time receptionist to join the firm’s Hackensack, New Jersey office. This position will report to the HR Administrator and the hours will be 10:00am-6:00pm.
Primary tasks include:
- Answer and route a high volume of internal and external calls to the appropriate parties;
- Greet arriving guests and communicate with the appropriate parties to notify them of guest arrival;
- Assure that guests feel welcomed and comfortable, including offering basic refreshments (coffee, espresso, tea, soda, water, etc.) and assisting with their needs;
- Assure kitchen and conference room refrigerators are adequately stocked daily;
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with various vendors related to catering, kitchen appliances and other items needed in reception area;
- Assist legal support staff with maintaining conference room scheduler and set-up for arriving guests;
- Maintain the entire reception lobby, making sure it is always clean and presentable. This includes the lobby tables, chairs, espresso machines, refrigerators, and dishwasher.
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks such as copying and faxing;
- Coordinate with Office Services to complete weekly ShopRite/Costco orders; and
- Perform other office services and hospitality duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a receptionist preferred.
- Friendly, energetic and ability to remain calm and patient under pressure.
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of people.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A high standard of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality.
- Law firm experience preferred.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join our top-notch staff, please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.