Trusts & Estates and Elder Law Legal Assistant - Bergen County
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to support our Trust & Estates and Elder Law group in our Hackensack, New Jersey office.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate, and will maintain both a professional demeanor and positive attitude. Responsible for carrying out administrative services, providing support to legal professionals by preparing various documents including correspondence, legal forms, and other types of documents, and providing information-management support to enhance attorney/timekeeper effectiveness. We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. A minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a Legal Assistant is required.
- Complete administrative duties, such as making copies, answering and directing phone calls, and communicating with clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, proofreading, editing, retrieving, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Reviewing, scanning and routing correspondence, reports, and legal documents; draft correspondence and documents; prepare and process forms and standard legal documents and filings; collect and analyze information; initiate communications, organize client conferences and attorney meetings.
- Assist with attorneys and paralegals during all stages of estate and trust administration, including maintaining client files, contact with clients, courts, financial planners and accountants, preparing materials for client meetings, managing deadlines and collecting information necessary to complete reporting and filing requirements.
- Prepare all files/documents for meetings and/or conference calls, attend and participate in required meetings, and notarize documents.
- Prepare final estate planning letter and document binder which includes copies of executed estate planning documents and recommendations for various asset transfers related to trust funding strategy, including investment accounts, real estate, life insurance and retirement assets.
- Handle special projects or additional responsibilities as assigned by the attorneys in the Department.
- Record billable time daily.
- Keeping files and corresponding deadlines organized and identified.
- Be accurate, detail-oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Take initiative and be proactive; anticipate needs; reach out to become more involved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills.
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork-oriented, deadline-driven, and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in use of standard office equipment, including personal computer, copier, scanner, typewriter, telephone, etc.
- General knowledge and experience with common software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe; strong Excel and MS Word skills in particular.
- Motivated to learn and provide work of the highest quality.
- Experience with Trusts & Estates, Elder Law, Corporate Law, and/or Commercial Real Estate matters a plus.
About Pashman Stein Walder Hayden:
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is a full-service business law firm offering a wide range of corporate and personal legal services. Headquartered in Hackensack, New Jersey with offices in Monmouth County, New Jersey, and Westchester County, New York, the firm serves a diverse client base including regional Fortune 500 companies, emerging growth entities, and individuals, as well as out-of-state corporate counsel, law firms, and individuals with interests in the New York metropolitan region. Named a Regional Powerhouse in 2018 by Law360 and awarded Appellate Litigation Department of the Year (2018) by the New Jersey Law Journal, and recognized by Chambers USA 2018 as one of the top law firms in New Jersey in the fields of General Commercial Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations, Pashman Stein and its lawyers continue to be recognized for sophisticated legal skills and experience.
Working at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden:
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is a growing firm, with a truly unique culture. Our employees are self-motivated, personally committed to excellence, and are a part of a closely knit team of attorneys and staff. What unites us is our passion for the practice of law, aspiration to excel, and desire to surround ourselves with like-minded, successful individuals.
Our attorneys and staff are offered an array of benefits and compensation, including:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience
- Vacation and Paid Sick Time
- Extensive parental leave policies
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Access to on-site gym and personal training;
- Complimentary healthy snacks, beverages, and coffee bar
- Office happy hours and firm-wide gatherings
- Business casual environment
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity, including those characteristics protected by law and beyond. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the community that we serve.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join our top-notch staff, please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.pashmanstein.com.