Pashman Stein Walder Hayden’s Women’s Leadership Committee is dedicated to assisting our women attorneys advance their careers and achieve their goals, both inside and outside of Pashman Stein Walder Hayden. The Committee includes women partners, of counsel, counsel, and associates, and aspires to not only raise awareness of issues specific to our women attorneys, but also to be part of the solution to address those issues. Through communication, programming, mentoring, business development, and community involvement with organizations that elevate women we endeavor to create opportunities for our women attorneys to flourish in their professions and lives.
“Our Women’s Leadership Committee members are committed to creating a culture that inspires women attorneys to develop as leaders, both in their profession and personal lives,” said Naomi Becker Collier, partner and Chair of the Women’s Leadership Committee.
The Women’s Leadership Committee holds a monthly luncheon program designed for our women attorneys to meet on a regular basis and engage in meaningful discussion on topics such as supporting individual business development initiatives, collaborating in a positive and supportive way, sharing successes and challenges, and working together to advance women in the career of law. Prior programs have included discussions about financial planning, mental health, and professional advancement.
In addition, the Women’s Leadership Committee proudly supports, through volunteering time and resources, several community organizations and events that encourage and advance the value of women in business, including the following:
- Women Lawyers in Bergen
- Women’s Rights Information Center
- The Center for Hope and Safety
Naomi Becker Collier – Chair
Dawn Attwood – Parenting Initiative
The Honorable Ellen L. Koblitz (Ret.) – Mentoring Initiative
Tracy Julian – Firm Culture and Advancement
The Honorable Ronny Jo Siegal (Ret.) – Community Outreach Initiative
- Business Development Initiative - The Business Development initiative provides a forum to our women attorneys to assist them to enhance rainmaking capabilities. We offer tools and resources that enable our women attorneys to strengthen the expansion of potential client base while solidifying internal practices, with the goal of positioning ourselves to develop new business. Through forums and events hosted within and outside of the firm, this initiative also provides networking opportunities to further advance the careers of our women attorneys.
- Mentoring Initiative - The Mentoring initiative is committed to creating an internal firm network where more experienced attorneys will support those less experienced by providing advice and guidance to improve legal skills and address other professional concerns.
- Community Outreach Initiative - The Community Outreach initiative is dedicated to helping women in underserved communities and those most at risk in New Jersey. Our goal is to combine our individual talents and resources, both legal and otherwise, to support the advancement of women.
- Parenting Initiative - The Parenting Initiative creates an internal community of working parents and provides our attorneys with a forum to discuss and tackle issues surrounding parenting and professional development. The firm recognizes that working parents have demanding obligations and this network serves as a valuable resource for them. Through the Parenting Initiative, the firm seeks to provide mentoring opportunities to help working parents navigate the unique challenges they face, and to create solutions that are beneficial to both working parents and the firm.
- Firm Culture and Advancement - The Internal Affairs initiative supports our firm’s attorneys by exploring and implementing means to maximize each attorney’s professional experience within the firm and in creating a forum to address any internal firm concerns.
Virtual Event: Versatility During COVID: Adapting Your Skills & Practice to Thrive.
March 18, 2021
The Women’s Leadership Committee of Pashman Stein Walder Hayden and Women Lawyers in Bergen are hosting a virtual discussion and networking event. Click here to view the invitation.
Donation Drive for Victims of Domestic Violence and their Families
In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Community Outreach Subcommittee partnered with the Women’s Rights Information Center (WRIC) in Englewood, New Jersey to collect donations for victims of domestic violence and their families.
Virtual Event: Cocktails and Conversations - Adjusting to the New Normal
October 29, 2020
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden's Women Leadership Committee hosted an inspiring virtual discussion with our attorneys as they shared insights on practicing law during the pandemic. Also featuring Kathryn A. Dixon, MSW, LMSW, LCSW.
CLE Program: How Women Lawyers Can Use Grit to Bring Success
September 20, 2019
A one credit CLE on how women lawyers can use grit to bring success, this CLE covered scenarios women attorneys face including career advancement, workload demands, and fair treatment.
Networking Event: An Evening with Senator Loretta Weinberg
May 21, 2019
We were honored to welcome New Jersey Senate Majority Leader, Senator Loretta Weinberg, as a distinguished guest speaker. Senator Weinberg offered remarks on her advocacy for women, families, healthcare, LGBT rights, and the State of New Jersey, and shared her experiences of service.
In the News
Top Women in Law 2020 – Highlighting Hon. Ronny Jo Siegal (Ret.)
New Jersey Law Journal
'An Ongoing Dialogue About How You Get It Done': Work-Life Choices Still in Forefront
New Jersey Law Journal
Women’s Initiatives Create Opportunity and Benefits in Law Firms
Law Journal Newsletter