Kevin R. Li is an associate in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Practice Group. Li represents commercial real estate clients in the acquisition and sale of real property and mixed-use properties. He has counselled both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations, review, and drafting for commercial and retail spaces and has represented clients in landlord/tenant disputes.
Li has also advised private and non-profit developers for zoning and land use approvals, including redevelopment projects, historic preservation, site plan, subdivision, and variance applications. He has conducted comprehensive due diligence studies of real property including zoning analysis, density studies, and lease review.
Li earned his J.D. from Rutgers Law School and his B.A. from the University of California Santa Barbara. He served as a judicial intern at the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law and as a student attorney at the Rutgers Community and Transactional Lawyering Clinic. He was a Senior Editor on the Rutgers Business Law Journal in addition to being the Marketing Coordinator for the Rutgers Society for Corporate Law & Governance.
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
- Negotiated, drafted, and reviewed agreements between buyers and sellers, outlining the terms and conditions of the sale of the property for both NJ and NY properties
- Dealing with the NJDEP in a complex assignment and sale of warehousing space which will ultimately result in a dual-closing. Accompanying documents that needed to be drafted include the original PSA, extension addendums, termination agreements, Bill of Assignment and related documents
- Drafted and reviewed office leases for landlords and tenants including that of a law office
- Negotiated, drafted, and reviewed retail leases including a retail space for a boutique clothing store in NYC
- Negotiated drafted and reviewed industrial leases such as warehousing space
- Drafted and reviewed lease amendments, ensuring that changes to the lease are in line with the original agreement
- Reviewed and responded to due diligence requests from buyers and sellers to ensure that all relevant information is disclosed
- Drafted closing documents, including deeds, mortgages, and closing statements
- Drafted and reviewed loan agreements from both the buyer side and lender side in connection with complex lending transactions, including both acquisition and refinancing
- Have reviewed and analyzed title and survey reports to ensure that there are no encumbrances on the property and that the clients are fully informed of any potential issues
- Reviewed and evaluated environmental reports alongside environmental experts to ensure that the property is in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
News & Insights