Doris Cheung is Counsel in the firm’s Litigation and Appellate Advocacy practices. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts and arbitration and mediation, with an emphasis on complex insurance and healthcare matters (including anti-kickback laws, anti-money laundering laws, and improper licensing regulations), shareholder disputes, breach of contracts for goods and services, M&A disputes, employment disputes, and tortious interference claims.
Following a clerkship with the Hon. Kathryn Brock of Union County, Doris practiced at Pringle Quinn Anzano P.C., where she litigated lawsuits against medical mills and personal injury attorneys, and at Norris McLaughlin P.A., where she practiced general commercial litigation with a focus on business divorces.
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
- Member of litigation team that settled a $25 million claim in connection with alleged misrepresentations in asset purchase agreement between private equity company and flavor company.
- Member of a trial litigation team that recovered $10 million in damages in favor of Fortune 100 insurance company in a bench trial.
- Instrumental in preventing adversary from dissipating $3 million in assets during litigation through the pursuit of a Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act claim.
News & Insights
- Superior Court of New Jersey (Union County), Law Clerk, Hon. Kathryn A. Brock J.S.C., 2011-2012
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
B.S., Cornell University
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 2011