William R. Firth, III is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights practice groups. With over 20 years of experience litigating in Delaware, Bill provides unique insight in approaching and developing case strategies for state and federal matters in Delaware courts.
Bill advises individuals, officers, directors, investors, and companies on legal issues arising in the course of doing business. He litigates disputes involving the interpretation and enforcement of contractual agreements, corporate governance documents, and financial wrongdoing. When faced with complex business disputes, clients turn to Bill to resolve such disputes and claims quickly and efficiently while protecting their business interests.
Bill also is routinely engaged as local counsel in a wide variety of business litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Bill has significant experience representing businesses, institutional lenders, manufacturers, vendors and commercial landlords in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, and out-of-court commercial loan workouts.
Our firm is proud of the results it has achieved for clients, some of which are noted here. Of course, each legal matter is unique on many levels, and past successes are not a guarantee of results in any other pending or future matters.
The matters below were handled by Bill prior to his joining Pashman Stein Walder Hayden:
- Successfully defended a Delaware LLC in Delaware Chancery Court litigation seeking appointment of liquidating trustee and resulting in denial of motion to appoint trustee and dismissal of the litigation in its entirety.
- Successfully litigated a Delaware Chancery Court matter for a Delaware corporation against former officers/directors regarding fraud, embezzlement, and accounting claims.
- Successfully litigated securities claims in Delaware District Court for defrauded investor resulting in the successful settlement of claims through mediation.
- Successfully defended a global accounting firm in Delaware Superior Court regarding disputed senior executive severance package resulting in a dismissal of claims.
- Successfully litigated institutional lender’s claims regarding default of $10 million commercial credit facility against debtor including resolving bankruptcy litigation issues and post-bankruptcy liquidation of assets as well as environmental regulation compliance of real property retained by the lender.
- Successfully litigated multimillion-dollar patent infringement and trade-related claims against a foreign manufacturer in Delaware District Court on behalf of a U.S. manufacturer.
- Successfully litigated shareholder dispute involving various business tort claims in private arbitration and related New Jersey Superior Court litigation.
- Secured favorable settlement for client in Delaware Chancery Court matter regarding multimillion-dollar debt recourse for a public development project.
News & Insights
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- J.D., Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law
- M.P.A, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Villanova University