On May 15, Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Attorney CJ Griffin will speak at the New Jersey State Bar Association 2019 Annual Meeting and Convention. CJ will be speaking on Public Access to Police Records: Transparency, Privacy and the State of the Law.
The panel will provide an update on the law regarding access to various types of police records under OPRA and the common law, including recent court decisions on dash cameras, body cameras, surveillance cameras, internal affairs records, and use of force reports. The panel will also discuss how recent developments in technology have resulted in police departments capturing more and more moments on film that may implicate privacy interests and how courts have balanced the interest in transparency and the public’s right to know against an individual’s reasonable expectation of privacy.
Wednesday, May 15 from 9:30am - 11:10am, Central Ballroom A/B
Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa
1 Borgata Way
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- CJ Griffin, Partner, Pashman Stein Walder Hayden
- Hon. Travis L. Francis (Ret.), Of Counsel, Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti, LLP
- Thomas J. Cafferty, Director, Gibbons, PC
- Jonathan N. Frodella, Associate, Laddey, Clark & Ryan, LLP
- Walter Luers, Law Offices of Walter M. Luers, LLC
- Alexander Shalom, American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey
- Kevin Whitmer, VP of Content, NJ Advance Media
For information on how to register, please click here.