Gregg H. Hilzer and Chirali V. Patel Participating in Virtual Panel Discussion Hosted by Rowan University on December 1 on Challenges in the Cannabis Industry
Gregg H. Hilzer, partner and co-chair of the Cannabis and Hemp Law practice at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, and Chirali V. Patel, associate at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, will be participating in a virtual panel discussion, “Law, Business, and Cannabis: Perspectives from Industry Experts.” The webinar will take place on December 1, 2021 from 12:00 P.M. – 1:30 P.M., and is being sponsored by Rowan University's Graduate Programs in Business, the Law and Justice Studies Department, and the Rowan University Institute for Cannabis Research, Policy, & Workforce Development.
Questions to be addressed include:
- What are some of the core issues related to advocacy, social equity, and policy reform?
- What research exists regarding crime rates in cities and states where medicinal and adult use cannabis has been legalized?
- How might accountants, marketers, bankers, realtors, be impacted by evolving regulations and legal implications?
- What are key requirements, skill sets, expertise, etc., needed to work in the cannabis industry?
- What are early trends for opportunities, plus uncertainties and challenges, regarding careers either directly in cannabis or in adjacent/supporting industries?
- How has the legalization of adult use or recreational cannabis affected crime rates in states that have already moved in this direction?
- Where will legal regulations from the industry come from, and who will be in charge of enforcement?
This webinar is open only to Rowan faculty, staff, and graduate students. For more information, click here.