J. John Kim
Mr. Kim engages in a broad-based complex commercial litigation practice with experience in contract disputes, commercial torts, partnership and shareholder disputes, commercial landlord-tenant and property disputes, estate litigation, products liability, RICO civil litigation, civil conspiracy, fraud, securities litigation, financial services litigation, legal malpractice, regulatory enforcement and special investigations.
In addition, Mr. Kim has been certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to conduct closings of commercial 504 loans. He has previously been a member of the Board of Directors at a non-profit Certified Development Company (CDC). John also has experience providing in-house counsel advice concerning a variety of legal matters to banks and other small companies. Prior to joining Pashman Stein, Mr. Kim worked in Manhattan as an associate with Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP and with Chadbourne & Parke LLP. Mr. Kim previously served in the United States Army (Reserves) and is a graduate of the U.S. Army Airborne School.
- Member, Board of Governors, Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York (KALAGNY)
- Member, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF). Has provided advice concerning voting rights, political asylum, and immigrant wage matters.
- Member, New Jersey State and New York State Bar Associations
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- B.A., Boston University, magna cum laude, 2001
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2004