Matthew A. Smuro
- February 7, 2019 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Relocates in Monmouth County to Bell Works in Holmdel
- January 10, 2019 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Expands in Monmouth County to Bell Works in Holmdel
- October 30, 2018 - Congratulations to Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Attorney, Matthew A. Smuro on being named "Monmouth County Top Lawyer" 2018
- May 24, 2018 - The Article "On The Move," Mentions Matthew Smuro's Decision to Join Pashman Stein's Family Law Group
- May 1, 2018 - Matthew Smuro Joins Pashman Stein Walder Hayden's Family Law Group
I have been practicing family and matrimonial law for the past sixteen years, representing clients in all aspects of this area of the law including prenuptial and matrimonial settlement agreements, custody and parenting time disputes, child support, alimony and equitable distribution/division of complex assets and liabilities. When clients first meet with me, they usually express their fear of the unknown and what their lives will look like after their divorce or separation. With my knowledge and experience, I can alleviate those fears and assist my clients with this transition in their lives. This area of the law requires a great deal of insight and sensitivity in the midst of high conflict and emotional turmoil. In this capacity, I serve clients as both a litigator, aggressively pursuing a desired outcome in Court when issues cannot be settled, and as a counselor, compassionately guiding them through the legal process during very difficult times in their lives.
Matthew Smuro is an attorney at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, and concentrates his practice on Family and Matrimonial Law. Mr. Smuro represents clients in complex family and matrimonial matters from inception to conclusion, including divorce, child custody, alimony, child support, equitable distribution of diversified business interests and assets, and domestic violenceissues. He makes frequent Court appearances representing clients in matrimonial and domestic violence matters. He also has extensive experience in drafting marital settlement agreements, pre-nuptial agreements, property settlement agreements, and shared parenting plans. Mr. Smuro has also successfully argued before the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division on numerous occasions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Smuro served as a judicial law clerk to The Honorable Eugene A. Ladanza, P.J.F.P., where he also became a Certified Mediator of the Special Civil Part cases. While in law school, he served as a clerk for the South Carolina House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, where he managed new legislation brought before the Family Law Subcommittee.
Mr. Smuro was born in Long Branch, New Jersey and is a life-long resident of Monmouth County. He attended high school at Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, New Jersey. He presently resides in Monmouth County, New Jersey with his wife and their two children. A father of twin boy and girl infants, Mr. Smuro enjoys running, and participates in surfboat (rowing) competitions along the Jersey Shore.
- Vice President, Legal Aid Society of Monmouth County, 2014
- Member, Monmouth Bar Association, 2008
- Member , American Bar Association, 2006
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2008
- New Jersey, 2002
- New York, 2002
- B.A., Clemson University, 1999
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2002