Jonathan Bauer is a seasoned and energetic litigator who has extensive complex insurance coverage experience from hard-fought policyholder vs. insurance company battles. He has litigated large business interruption claims arising from the September 11 World Trade Center attacks on behalf of a global investment bank, as well as a large business interruption loss on behalf of one of the world’s largest food production and distribution companies arising from Hurricane Katrina. Jonathan has also litigated large insurance coverage cases on behalf of companies, including several Fortune 100 companies. In addition to insurance coverage cases, he has worked on behalf of companies large and small in a variety of commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, Jonathan served as general counsel to an electronic trading platform that specialized in equities and foreign exchange trades, as well as in-house counsel at a Fortune 100 company.
- Member, American, New Jersey and Bergen and County Bar Associations
- Member, District VA Ethics Committee of the New Jersey Supreme Court
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- B.A., St. John’s College , 1985
- M.A., Rutgers University, 1991
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1991
Honors and Accolades
Edward J. Bloustein Fellow of Jurisprudence, Rutgers University, 1986-1991