Trusts and Estates Paralegal, Bergen County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm, seeks a paralegal to support our Trusts & Estates and Elder Law groups in our Hackensack, New Jersey office. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate, and will maintain both a professional demeanor and positive attitude. The candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys and other paralegals with all aspects of estate planning and trust/estate administration work including probate. Knowledge of New Jersey and New York probate is a plus. We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. A minimum of three years of recent experience as a paralegal is required.
- Partner with attorneys and other paralegals during all stages of estate and trust administration, including maintaining client files, contact with clients, courts, financial planners and accountants, preparing materials for client meetings, managing deadlines and collecting information necessary to complete reporting and filing requirements.
- Prepare all files/documents for meetings and/or conference calls, attend and participate in required meetings, and notarize documents.
- Draft, read, and interpret trust and estate documents, including Last Will and Testament, Trust Agreements and Durable Power of Attorney.
- Prepare Will Fact Sheets/Probate Petitions for probate with Surrogate’s Court.
- Prepare Notices of Probate, Certifications of Mailing and probate summary letters.
- Review financial information received from clients, audit documents to correct errors, and draft schedules of assets and estate tax analysis.
- Assist and prepare federal and state estate/inheritance tax returns (Form 706, NJ IT-R, NY ET-706) as necessary.
- Prepare distribution documents including estate/trust accounting that may require calculation of fiduciary commissions, refunding bond and release forms and correspondence to accompany same.
- Prepare final estate planning letter and document binder which includes copies of executed estate planning documents and recommendations for various asset transfers related to trust funding strategy, including investment accounts, real estate, life insurance and retirement assets.
- Handle special projects or additional responsibilities as assigned by the attorneys in the Trust and Estates and Elder Law groups.
- Record billable time daily.
- Prior experience in Trusts and Estates related drafting
- Knowledge of financial and legal management principles=
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Take initiative and be proactive; anticipate needs; strong self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills; superior mathematical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork-oriented, deadline-driven, and extremely fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge and experience with common software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe; strong Excel and MS Word skills. Prior experience with Thomson Reuters, Fiduciary Practice Systems for preparation of estate tax returns and accountings.
- Motivated to learn and provide work of the highest quality.
To submit your resume, please contact email@example.com