Transactional Legal Assistant, Bergen County
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to support our transactional departments, including our Trust & Estates and Elder Law, Corporate, and Commercial Real Estate groups in our Hackensack, New Jersey office.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate, and will maintain both a professional demeanor and positive attitude. Responsible for carrying out administrative services, providing support to legal professionals by preparing various documents including correspondence, legal forms, and other types of documents, and providing information-management support to enhance attorney/timekeeper effectiveness. We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment, has the ability to prioritize while maintaining a sense of humor, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. A minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a Legal Assistant is required.
- Complete administrative duties, such as making copies, answering and directing phone calls, and communicating with clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, proofreading, editing, retrieving, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Conserve timekeeper time by reviewing, scanning and routing correspondence, reports, and legal documents; draft correspondence and documents; prepare and process forms and standard legal documents and filings; collect and analyze information; initiate communications, organize client conferences and attorney meetings
- Keeping files and corresponding deadlines organized and identified
- Be accurate, detail-oriented, and have strong attention to detail
- Take initiative and be proactive; anticipate needs; reach out to become more involved
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork-oriented, deadline-driven, and extremely fast-paced environment
- Proficient in use of standard office equipment, including personal computer, copier, scanner, typewriter, telephone, etc.
- General knowledge and experience with common software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe; strong Excel and MS Word skills in particular
- Motivated to learn and provide work of the highest quality
- Experience with Trusts & Estates, Elder Law, Corporate Law, and/or Commercial Real Estate matters a plus