Litigation Legal Assistant - Monmouth County
We are seeking a full time Legal Assistant to join our Litigation Department in our Holmdel, New Jersey office.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate, and will maintain both a professional demeanor and positive attitude. They will be responsible for carrying out administrative services, providing support to legal professionals by preparing various documents including correspondence, pleadings, discovery requests and responses, and other types of documents. They will also provide information-management support to enhance attorney/timekeeper effectiveness. We are seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment, has the ability to prioritize while maintaining a pleasant demeanor, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. A minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a Legal Assistant is required.
- Complete administrative duties, such as making copies, answering and directing phone calls, and communicating with clients, adversaries, and court personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist in the drafting of a wide variety of legal documents including discovery requests and responses, briefs, motions, certifications, etc.
- Responsible for helping prepare for depositions, conferences and trials including compiling exhibits.
- Preserve, organize, manage and label voluminous case documents.
- Compile and bates-stamp discovery for attorney review.
- Calculate and calendar discovery deadlines as well as any other applicable deadlines.
- File pleadings in state and federal court then send courtesy copies when applicable.
- Format briefs including preparation of table of contents and table of authorities.
- Is accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Proficient in use of standard office equipment, including personal computer, copier, scanner, telephone, etc.
- General knowledge and experience with common software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe; strong Excel and MS Word skills preferred.
- Motivated to learn and provide work of the highest quality, including, anticipating needs and reaching out to become more involved.
- Experience in civil and criminal litigation matters a plus.
- A high standard of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality.
To submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.