Accounting and Revenue Manager - Bergen County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden P.C. is seeking an Accounting and Revenue Manager. This position will lead financial functions at the firm including financial reporting, tax and audit, cash management, billing and inventory maintenance, payroll, budgeting, client trust accounts, general accounting and compliance.
- Continual line of communication with firm leadership on financial performance, areas of concern/growth, and recommend improvement strategies
- Oversees accounting operations including management of monthly and annual financial cycles
- Prepare annual tax filings and expense budgeting
- Maintain expertise on regulatory rules and new developments that impact the firm
- Recommend organizational, operational, and technological improvements
- Improve processes around core financial functions
- Lead on all local, state, and federal tax reports and ERISA reporting, as well as external requests for financial information
- Supervise core revenue functions such as billing, ebilling, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Build relationships with the financial services and banking community. Align with firm interests
- Promote clear and effective lines of communication and collaboration across the firm
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce policies and procedures relating to financial functions
- Meet with the internal customer base to review reports and develop action plans
- Monitor the integrity of the financial database and promote a continual process of finance technology improvement
- Document core needs on financial functions
- Other duties as required by the firm
Qualifications & Requirements
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience supporting accounting and/or finance functions, showing progressive growth. A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or similar area of study is required. Previous legal or professional services experience is essential.
All candidates must understand accounting principles and legal ethic guidelines.
This candidate will have strong accounting, analytical, research, and conceptual thinking skills. The ability to work with intricate data, while maintaining an awareness of the overall objective and how all the relevant data points fit together is critical.
The candidate should also have excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to build teams and communicate needs in an effective and collaborative manner.
This candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and be proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented. This individual should possess strong written and oral communication skills in order to clearly and concisely summarize observations, conclusions, and recommendations. Attention to detail, strong customer service skills, and a commitment to excellence are imperative. The successful candidate will be capable of working with all levels of firm personnel.
This is a full-time position which will begin at the firm's Hackensack office. Transition to a remote or hybrid work environment is available if deemed feasible by firm leadership.
To submit your resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.