Mid-Level Litigation Associate, Bergen County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is seeking mid-level litigation associates for our Hackensack office. The associates will directly support attorneys in a variety of practice areas, including general and commercial litigation, white-collar criminal matters, and labor and employment litigation. The ideal candidates will have 3+ years of litigation experience. All candidates must have very strong academic records with excellent writing and analytical skills. A judicial clerkship is preferred. New Jersey bar membership is mandatory. New York bar membership is a plus. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter. A writing sample is also encouraged as part of the application.
Senior Lateral Attorneys, Monmouth County
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is seeking lateral senior-level attorneys to work in the firm’s new Monmouth County Office at Bell Works in Holmdel. Candidates should have 5+ years of experience with portable business in commercial litigation, trusts and estates, or intellectual property law. Excellent academic credentials and verbal skills required. Candidates must be admitted to the New Jersey bar.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate, and will maintain both a professional demeanor and positive attitude. Responsible for carrying out administrative services, providing support to legal professionals by preparing various documents including correspondence, legal forms, and other types of documents, and providing information-management support to enhance attorney/timekeeper effectiveness. We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment, has the ability to prioritize while maintaining a sense of humor, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. A minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a Legal Assistant is required.
Human Resources Administrator, Bergen County
Extraordinary opportunity to develop growing human resources department at a prestigious New Jersey law firm. Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, P.C. is seeking an energetic, motivated administrator to assist with the development and implementation of all aspects related to human resources department. Amazing opportunity for personal and professional growth in a collaborative, supportive and enthusiastic environment.
The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for the management and development of the Firm’s HR strategy and contributes to the development of the Firm’s strategic goals. This position will be part of the broader leadership team and report directly to the Operations Administrator.
In addition to the strategic components, the Human Resources Administrator is charged with assisting in developing and implementing policies and procedures both in the HR and general operational realms.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement and maintain human resources policies and provide support and guidance related to HR policies to the Management team.
- Advise key members of senior leadership on employee relation issues including performance management, disciplinary and termination processes.
- Develops, implements and maintains the support staff compensation program including ensuring compensation is competitive with the market while meeting the Firm’s need for cost containment.
- Communicates and administers needs between benefits vendors, including health insurance broker, life insurance broker, FSA provider and 401K advisor as well as State agencies for employment verifications, filing disability, FMLA, maternity and workers’ compensation claims.
- Ensures Human Resources files, documents, manuals, and databases are current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with policy and legislative requirements.
- Remain current with industry employment law, best practices and industry standards.
- Complaint resolution and conduct investigations, as required.
- Lead and manage the recruitment effort for all positions within the Firm, including developing sources of qualified potential candidates, preparing job postings, acknowledging applications, short-listing applicants for interview, developing interview questions, conducting interviews, conducting background checks, preparing employment contracts and on-boarding of new hires.
- Initiate and participate in the organizing of social committee events
- Proven HR leadership skills in the area of verbal/written communication; employee relations; recruitment; legal; benefits administration; training, facilitation and change management.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Human Resource position at a law firm.
- Superior leadership skills; ability to influence and engage indirect reports and peers. Energetic, flexible, collaborative; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical HR and administration initiatives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive and self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the Firm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and competitive data. Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
About Pashman Stein Walder Hayden:
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is a full-service business law firm offering a wide range of corporate and personal legal services. Headquartered in Hackensack, New Jersey with offices in Monmouth County, New Jersey, and Westchester County, New York, the firm serves a diverse client base including regional Fortune 500 companies, emerging growth entities, and individuals, as well as out-of-state corporate counsel, law firms, and individuals with interests in the New York metropolitan region. Named a Regional Powerhouse in 2018 by Law360 and awarded Appellate Litigation Department of the Year (2018) by the New Jersey Law Journal, and recognized by Chambers USA 2018 as one of the top law firms in New Jersey in the fields of General Commercial Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations, Pashman Stein and its lawyers continue to be recognized for sophisticated legal skills and experience.
Working at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden:
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is a growing firm, with a truly unique culture. Our employees are self-motivated, personally committed to excellence, and are a part of a closely knit team of attorneys and staff. What unites us is our passion for the practice of law, aspiration to excel, and desire to surround ourselves with like-minded, successful individuals.
Our attorneys and staff are offered an array of benefits and compensation, including:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience
- Vacation and Paid Sick Time
- Extensive parental leave policies
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Complimentary healthy snacks, beverages, and coffee bar
- Office happy hours and firm-wide gatherings
- Progressive office environment at Bell Works with access to child care, restaurants, services and gym on site
- Business casual environment
Pashman Stein Walder Hayden is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity, including those characteristics protected by law and beyond. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the community that we serve.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join our top-notch staff, please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.