BackgroundKelly Carey’s practice focuses on land use and zoning, redevelopment and municipal matters. With more than 20 years of experience representing both municipal boards and applicants in land use matters across the state, clients turn to her for land use and related regulatory matters, including applications before municipal zoning and planning boards. She also secures county planning board approvals, environmental permits, water and sewer permits and NJDOT permits. In addition, she represents municipalities in creating redevelopment plans, implementing redevelopment ordinances, and negotiating financial and redevelopment agreements with redevelopment entities.
As part of the Cannabis & Hemp Law practice, Kelly guides companies and entrepreneurs through the complexities of selecting appropriate real estate locations for cannabis and hemp related business, including navigating municipal zoning and land use issues.
Kelly is currently the attorney for the Township of Clark Zoning Board of Adjustment and previously served as the attorney for the Parsippany-Troy Hills Planning Board, the Old Bridge Township Planning Board, The Middlesex Borough Planning Board and the Township of Clark Planning Board. She also served as conflict counsel for the South Orange Village Planning and Zoning Boards and the Old Bridge Township Zoning Board.
- Board Member, Monroe Township Economic Development Advisory Board
- Past Vice Chair, Zoning Board of Adjustment Borough of New Providence
- Lecturer, National Business Institutes, Practical Guide to Zoning and Land Use Law in New Jersey
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County, Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert A. Longhi, A.J.S.C. (retired), 1996-1997
- New Jersey
- J.D., The Dickinson School of Law, 1996
- B.S., The University of Scranton, cum laude, 1993