Steven G. Walder
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense and Governmental and Internal Investigations
- Employment & Labor
- Insurance & Indemnification
- Professional Misconduct and Attorney Ethics
Steven focuses his practice in the areas of business litigation, criminal defense, attorney ethics, corporate law, insurance law and employment law. Steven has successfully represented individual and corporate clients facing civil and criminal governmental investigations in among other areas, medical care provider reimbursement, securities fraud and mortgage fraud. Steven has also successfully represented clients facing professional misconduct charges, including ethics charges before the State of New Jersey’s Office of Attorney Ethics. Steven also has experience representing policyholders in insurance coverage disputes, employees in wrongful termination disputes, and corporations in both the formation and dissolution stages.
In addition to an undergraduate degree from Syracuse University and law degree from Seton Hall University, Steven holds a master’s degree in business administration from Rutgers University with a concentration in finance. Prior to his career in the law, Steven worked in the banking industry as a credit analyst, and in the securities industry as a stockbroker and equities trader. His experiences in these areas continue to inform his legal practice in commercial litigation, as well as in securities matters and criminal cases involving financial issues.
- In a case of first impression, successfully obtained from the New Jersey Supreme Court an order reinstating the license of a previously disbarred attorney two years after the court found the attorney had knowingly misappropriated funds from an elderly client.
- Assisted law partners in the representation of the Housing Authority of the City of Newark in a construction and rent dispute with Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC related to Newark’s Prudential Arena.
- Successfully represented a mortgage broker accused of falsifying loan documents for various borrowers who obtained mortgages from lenders.
- Successfully represented a mortgage bank and a principal from the bank accused of participating in a real estate Ponzi scheme.
- Successfully represented a mortgage broker accused of unfair lending practices in a foreclosure proceeding.
- Represented a national banking institution in an internal investigation at the bank which uncovered extensive fraudulent misconduct by a bank employee.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- M.B.A., Rutgers University Graduate School of Management, 1988
- B.S., Syracuse University, 1985
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1994