Maxiel L. Gomez
- July 2, 2014 - Third Circuit Adopts Lower Bar for Successor Liability in FLSA Cases
- June 5, 2014 - Consultant Cannot Be Sued in New Jersey
- May 22, 2013 - May 2013: I-9 Audits—Be Prepared
- April 18, 2012 - Striking a Balance When Completing the I-9 Form
- March 23, 2012 - The Quest to Ask the Right I-9 Questions
Ms. Gomez is a litigator with a focus on employment and immigration law. Ms. Gomez has extensive experience representing clients before state and federal courts, as well as state administrative agencies in employment litigation involving wage and hour disputes, harassment, discrimination, retaliation and family medical leave claims. She has served as Labor Counsel and routinely counsels clients on various labor and employment issues. She also assists clients in obtaining employment-based residency, immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Ms. Gomez is the chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee.
Prior to joining Pashman Stein in 2010, she was a labor and employment attorney at Epstein Becker & Green, PC. Following law school, Ms. Gomez clerked for the Honorable Robert A. Coogan, J.S.C. Ms. Gomez is a board member of the Rutgers School of Law – Newark Alumni Association, as well as a member of the New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association and the New Jersey Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, regularly representing clients in District of New Jersey, Eastern and Southern District of New York.
Chamber of Commerce. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, as well as the United States District Court for both the District of New Jersey and Southern District of New York and the United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit.
- Board Member, Rutgers School of Law – Newark Alumni Association, 2008-present
- New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association, 2005-present
- Chair, Pashman Stein’s Diversity Committee
- Member, New Jersey Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sydney Reitman Inn of Court, 2005-2007
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Committee on Public Policy, 2005-2007
“Striking a Balance When Completing the I-9 Form,” New Jersey Law Journal, April 23, 2012
“The Quest to Ask the Right I-9 Questions,” Workforce. Com, March 26, 2012
Sept. 2016 – Law Line – New York & NJ Law regarding Entitlement to commissions
Sept. 2014 – Association of Corp. Counsel of NJ Annual Conference – Social Media & Technology in the Workplace
Oct. 2012 – Association of Corporate Counsel of NJ Annual Conference – NY Wage theft Prevention Act
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- Unites States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Unites States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- B.A., Boston University, 1998
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 2004