Joseph J. Colao, Jr.
- January 10, 2019 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Expands in Monmouth County to Bell Works in Holmdel
- April 8, 2018 - Eight Pashman Stein Walder Hayden Employees Rappel for Autism
- March 23, 2018 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden to Participate in "Over the Edge" Event for Autism Awareness
- Apr 18, 2017 - Colao and Julian to Head PSWH Monmouth County Office
Jay Colao’s practice is primarily devoted to litigation involving matters related to small and mid-size businesses before all levels of New Jersey State and Federal Courts as well as the American Arbitration Association.
He has extensive experience in matters involving shareholder/partner disputes and separation; unfair competition and business torts; employment and restrictive covenants; franchise, real estate interests and construction claims; as well as all facets of general commercial and contract law. Mr. Colao also has extensive experience litigating Probate matters such as will contests, guardianships and all other areas related to Estates and Trusts. He has performed numerous Court Appointed duties related to these matters and served as an Arbitrator for the Commercial/Contract Arbitration Program, Monmouth Vicinage Arbitration Program.
Jay has also devoted substantial efforts to matters pending before various governmental entities on behalf of private parties, as well as litigation before Courts and Administrative Agencies for both private and public entities. He has specific experience with matters involving redevelopment zones, business improvement districts, public contracts, the New Jersey Tort Claims Act, general prerogative writs and land use matters, as well as the Open Public Records Act. He presently serves as the attorney for the Borough of Spring Lake, Special Counsel to Monmouth County and Counsel to the Monmouth County Construction Board of Appeals.
Prior to joining PSWH, Mr. Colao was a shareholder at Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C., where he concentrated his practice in the area of commercial litigation.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Monmouth County Bar Association
- Judicial Clerk for Honorable Patrick J. McGann, J.S.C. Presiding Judge, Chancery Division, General Equity, Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- B.A., Bucknell University, 1985
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, 1989