- June 11, 2018 - Pashman Stein Walder Hayden's Appellate Practice Profiled in New Jersey Law Journal
- April 23, 2018 - Firm has been recognized as "Appellate Litigation Department of the Year" by The New Jersey Law Journal
- Mar 24, 2016 - Pashman Stein Lawyers Selected to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Mar 16, 2015 - Five Pashman Stein Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers List for 2015 Six Attorneys Also Selected to the Rising Stars List
What makes Pashman Stein unique is that despite its tremendous growth over the decade that I have worked here, the firm has not lost its most precious quality – its humanity. This firm values and appreciates its employees, fosters a collaborative work environment, and supports attorneys in attaining the kind of practice that they desire -- whether it is a partnership track or part-time associate. This firm encourages creativity and rewards productivity.
This is the kind of firm that will decline representation and forego profit if it means compromising its ethics and integrity. I have seen that first hand. The firm seeks out unique talent and dynamic personalities and involves all attorneys – from first year associates to senior partners – in its interview and hiring process. It recognizes that the people who work here are its most valuable asset.
In the world of law firms, this firm is a unicorn.
Janie Byalik is a litigation attorney with Pashman Stein Walder Hayden and has practiced with the firm since 2009. Ms. Byalik’s practice focuses mainly on complex commercial and general civil litigation.Ms. Byalik represents both individuals and large business entities and has experience in all aspects of commercial and business disputes, including breach of contract claims, business torts and disparagement actions, consumer fraud, false advertising, shareholder disputes, oppressed minority shareholder actions, actions for breach of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Prior to joining PSWH, Ms. Byalik was an associate in the Litigation Department at Latham & Watkins LLP, where she practiced securities litigation, professional liability, complex commercial litigation, and white collar criminal defense. Ms. Byalik also participated in the firm’s pro bono program, finalizing adoption of foster care children, representing indigent clients in civil forfeiture cases, and represented domestic violence victims in petitions for legal permanent resident status under the Violence Against Women Act.
Ms. Byalik graduated with honors from Rutgers College and is a magna cum laude graduate of New York Law School, where she received the Morris Orland Moot Court Award for Excellence in Written and Oral Advocacy and Second Best Brief award in the intramural Appellate Advocacy competition, and was a Regional semi-finalist in the Association of the Bar of the City of New York’s National Moot Court Competition.
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers in Bergen
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court District of New Jersey
- B.S., Rutgers University, 2003
- J.D., New York Law School, magna cum laude; Law Review Associate Editor, 2006
- Included in the New Jersey Rising Star list for the editions of 2015-2016.
The New Jersey Rising Star list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.